I’m keeping this week’s update short and sweet, this picture sums my week up pretty well. My hair is scraped back in my signature, safe hairstyle that I’m wearing daily, I’ve got no make up on and my car is a mess. Harry refused to nap (he seems to be doing that a lot at the moment) so we went out in the car, then when he was asleep I parked on our drive, reclined my seat and had a little snooze myself! Keeping it classy as always!
How far along? 15 weeks
How big is baby? Baby is the same size as an apple!
Total weight gain/loss: I have gained 1lb this week, meaning I weigh 6lbs less than my booking weight in total. I thought I would’ve gained more as I’ve been keeping more food down and have been a little ‘bunged up’ (It’s been over a week. Sorry TMI) but still, that loss isn’t bad considering people with HG can lose 10% of their body weight.
Maternity clothes? No but I’m still avoiding anything with a waistband that sits on my belly as it makes my sickness worse.
Stretch marks? None from this pregnancy.
Sleep: I’m waking in the night a lot at the moment, either for the toilet, feeling sick or with stretching pains.
Best moment this week: After a fight to stay on the medication that helps with my sickness my midwife has called my GP to ask her to start writing me weekly prescriptions instead of me having to call for more. She said if the GP can’t do this then she wants to refer me to a consultant who will.
Movement: Nope. I’ve had lots of stretchy pains though and can definitely feel baby growing.
Food cravings: No cravings. In fact most food is a chore at the moment. I do have safe foods though that I’m managing to eat. Mostly salt and vinegar McCoys and Kelloggs Frosties.
Have you started to show yet: My little bump has reappeared this week.
Gender prediction: This week I’m having very strong feelings that it’s a boy.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On, last time I had to take my wedding ring off at around 34 weeks I think.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very anxious and teary this week. There have been so many times when it’s been difficult to keep sight of why I’m doing this. Please don’t get me wrong, I love this baby and am so grateful to be in the position where I am lucky enough to be having another child but it’s hard to stay positive when I feel so ill.
Milestones: There isn’t really anything exciting to call a milestone this week. My little round belly has popped out again though which is nice.
Weekly Wisdom: Things you should never say to someone with HG or severe pregnancy sickness
For my weekly wisdom this week I’m going to share my top 5 things that you should NEVER say to someone with Hyperemesis Gravidarum or extreme pregnancy sickness:
- “Have you tried ginger biscuits?” ERM aint no amount of ginger gonna help with this! Also it burns when you throw it back up.
- “You should get out more/do more to take your mind off it.” Would you say this to someone with terrible food poisoning or any other debilitating condition? No, of course you wouldn’t.
- “I had morning sickness too, I just got on with it.” If you were able to just get on with it and you’re still calling it morning sickness then you have no idea.
- “At least you’re losing weight, you must be happy with that.” ERM…. any other time of my life then maybe, but at a time when I’m supposed to be sustaining new life then no, weight loss is not a positive thing.
- “You should be eating healthy, the poor baby needs fruit and vegetables.” The baby needs food I can keep down. If that’s unhealthy then tough, it’s better than eating healthy and throwing it straight back up again.